Sunday, August 8, 2010

I want summer to end

So for anyone who noticed, the last post was post 200.
I didn't want to ruin the mood and say that on the post, but like it matters anyway. Nothing happy ever seems to matter.

I'm sorry, that's yesterday's pessimism showing through. I'm having an unhappy sort of day. There's a storm outside, loud thunder, lots of lightning. I'm sitting on my bed watching it with a cup of sugar cookie tea, just watching the raindrops hit the window. The city looks so dismal and cold. It looks cold. The train keeps passing, it looks cold as well. It's 82 outside, but you'd never know. It reminds me of Windsor in wintertime. A scene frozen in memory, bits of snow flitting across the street in gusty swirls as we passed Devonshire Mall. A strange thing to remember, but the sky was that same dismal grey, but there was something almost...wonderful about it. It was almost Christmas then, with lights and decorations scattered throughout the city. Maybe that's why I like that memory. As I look out towards the foggy buildings of downtown Chicago, I can almost picture the same chilly cold of November.

But things are never as they seem. It's warm once I leave my cold little window-nook. There are no Christmas lights, no stray snowflakes, no magic to today. All of it is simply in my imagination, as the most wonderful things always are.

Currently listening to: Breathe Your Name by Sixpence None The Richer. This song too. It's in the memory of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment