Monday, May 3, 2010

Almost

Yesterday, I did what I decided sounded most fun. I took the trains to town, and went shopping. Well, not so much shopping, as just wandering around. I found the exact place I love best in the world. It's a lingerie store. Do not take that the way it sounds, because it's not the store that I love. It's the location. It's by a little lamppost all covered in ivy and the little building is short and small and every detail of it is intricately magical. I would love to be there all day and simply watch it. Though due to its risque nature, that would be too uncomfortable. So I simply walked past and on to other destinations.

I found myself last night out at the pier. I watched the sun go down behind the ferris wheel and it made me happy. The ripple of the water was calming as I watched the boats drift along. The night was nearly perfect, though there was just something missing and I couldn't place what..

And now today I am curled up on the sofa with a hot cup of tea and a blanket watching Mansfield Park. It's my favourite of the Austens, and I never grow tired of it. I'm perfectly happy right now. More than usual. Though, I still feel as if there's something missing. And I only wish I could say what..

No comments:

Post a Comment