Monday, May 24, 2010

Lies and Liars

I'm aware I haven't blogged in forever, and for that I apologize. There's just not been much to say.

And I'm still not going to say much. I just...life sometimes can be so perfect, y'know? It's exactly what you want and you expect that somehow it's going to still be that way forever. And then in a second, one word and it all shatters again. All the dreams, the wishes..
You realize that what you expected all along is finally coming true. That all along, you've built your hopes on pretty lies and all along, you counted on all the liars. And all along, you've woven beautiful dreams on expectations of what will never be.
It's not just once that I've had this happen. It's lots of times now. And I used to let myself be hurt by it. I used to struggle for breath and try to pick up the pieces of the shattered life. But not anymore. Now I just want to tear apart the fabricated dreams and break all the hopes beyond repair. I just want to make sure there's nothing left to pick back up; no reason to try this again.

And tonight I'll stay up, and watch the stars, and laugh at myself for ever being stupid enough to believe that wishes on them ever came true.

No comments:

Post a Comment