Friday, January 22, 2010

I Can't Believe Things Are Really That Bad

So yesterday I posted saying I hate my life. For all of you sick of my emotional drama by now, you will be happy to know it doesn't involve any of my friends this time.

Yesterday we got divorce papers in the mail from my dad.

My parents have been separated since I was born, but Mom used to tell me it was okay. That he just wasn't the 'father' type and after I was gone he'd come back and take care of her. Grew up sorta believing that I guess. I never expected them to actually make it permanent and final.

Mom's too shocked by the suddenness of it, to really do anything about it just yet. So I don't know what's going to happen or whatever, but I guess I'm scared.

Anyway, yesterday wasn't the best after that, but today I'm seeing things a little clearer. And things really aren't that bad, I mean, so the worst that can happen is my parents split for good, and my mom's free to find someone new. I guess that wouldn't be so bad. But I'd feel terrible leaving her, and I wouldn't be able to live with someone new in the house.

We'll figure that out when we get there.

For now, I'm going to continue with life as normal and bitch about Relient K touring with Paramore this year. Scratch that off my summer concert list.

No comments:

Post a Comment