Thursday, January 7, 2010

I Love You Both

This post is for Katie-Ana and Taylor.
I love you both.
More than you could ever know.
Thanks for putting up with all my crap.
Thanks for letting me tear-stain your hoodies.
And thanks for being spies with me. Thanks for asking him all the things he would never answer me about. Thanks for being stalkers for me when I was too scared of the results.
Thanks. We accomplished our mission, and there's nothing more to find out.

All that's left is the part I've rehearsed so many times. Letting go.
We're halfway there. It's been a few days. One more conversation and it'll all be over. I'll be gone. He will be no more than just a memory. A dream of what could have been. All the words we've said will be nothing more than just perfect moments suspended in time's jewel box of memory.

I'll forever miss him, but I'm sure he'll completely forget me in only a matter of months.

The goodbyes are always the worst part.

No comments:

Post a Comment