Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I So Hate Consequences

And I'm good, good, good to goooo!

I love that song.

But, no, I meant the title literally.
I cheat on tests. I have for, like, 2 years now. Never been caught.
Until today. I was doing a stupid Geometry test, and there was a parallelogram proof and I wrote down the proofs and reasons on my hand while Mom was doing laundry in the basement. I went back to the bedroom and was writing down the answers, glancing at my hand and writing, alternatively. Didn't even hear her come into the apartment. All I heard was "That looks alot like cheating. Let me see your hand." I'm a quick thinker so I was like 'What? I'm just doing my parallelogram proof.' Like that made any sense. I showed her my hand, and well, it started a rant. "You're deceitful Alexxandre. You've always been good at doing things behind my back and living with the guilt. I tell everybody raising a teenager is easy, but right under my nose you're lying to me. How can I ever trust you?"
She's more than justified to say all those things. And if you want my honest response, I'm so happy I got caught. I hate being dishonest. I hate lying to her, I hate cheating, I hate it all. I was begging for her to find out. God knew I'd never tell her, so He let me get caught. And now I can improve.
But I hurt her, I know I did. And seeing her cry because I lied to her was the worst feeling ever. But besides that consequence, she also grounded me from the computer indefinitely. And she won't speak to me which means she's really mad.

But, I deserve it all.

I'm just really glad it's out in the open now. If only I could get my other confessions out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment