Friday, June 18, 2010

The Promised Better Post

So, yesterday was my sixteenth birthday. And I figured what better time to tell about it than now?

For my sixteenth birthday, my mom decided to take the "sweet sixteenth" theme literally. She made me a cake of rice krispie treats and cupcakes and cookies and every other sweet treat you can think of. We already had the house decorated for near a week beforehand and it had been done up in all sorts of colors that happened to coordinate which was fun. And for my birthday she gave me a box filled with original vintage board games. I couldn't have been happier. Candyland was among them, and we played it several times, and we all played together and each won at least once. It was fun!

I also had a chance to talk to some of my friends throughout the day and got so many birthday wishes I'm not sure what to wish for anymore! (: <3
After that, I got my present from my dad. My dad's birthday present I had totally not seen coming. He planned this party...thing I guess you could call it, and it was like a murder mystery and we had to track it all over town. It must have take quite a bit of planning, and it took a good long while. The first clue said "get your suitcase because you'll need it. I hope you planned ahead." I did, and put my stuff in our car, and we were off all over town. Around 5, we finally solved the mystery, and it led us to this amazing place. It was the penthouse of this really tall building downtown whose name I can't recall (I have the memory of a goldfish) and when we got there, the key was waiting for us. And as the "prize" we got to stay there for the night. It was absolutely amazing. Even though it doesn't sound like it. We had to leave at 2 AM to catch our flight for Florida though, so that was disappointing. But we made the most of our time there, jumping on beds and watching movies (we had to release the energy somehow!) and having a relatively amazing time. As we finally tried to get some sleep around midnight or so, we had just gotten settled in and the fire alarms went off. Seriously. In a dizzy panic, we all just left with nothing but our lives and our pajamas and ended up in the lobby with some very annoyed residents as our companions. A good word to describe the mood was confusion. Or chaos. Or both. Near an hour later, the building was reported clear and the culprit was a twelve year old girl who had 'accidentally' broken the glass and pulled the alarm. "I tripped." Best excuse ever.

Anyway, an hour later we got back to our room and got to bed. Funny. If it had really been a fire, we would have been broke and clothes-less. Silly us for being unprepared. haha It was an adventure though and I'm glad it happened! Made the trip even more memorable! And before I got to sleep I saw a text I had missed that had come through while we'd been at the lobby. Made my entire night. <3
I have to say, I wasn't too excited for my sixteenth, but I think looking back it was one of my very favorite birthdays. (:


As of today, however. Our flight got canceled. No excuse or reason, just the red word "CANCELED" following our flight number. So, we were up at 2 AM, with nothing to do but wait until the next flight at 12. So we hung out for a while in the room and played games, watched movies and such until 8, when we went to go see Toy Story 3. Today was opening day and I just want to say, it was incredible. Fair warning though, I cried the entire movie. I know that's really not saying a lot coming from me, but honestly, all the moms who brought their children cried and even my dad almost cried. And that is saying a lot. It's terribly nostalgic/bittersweet, but it was also really wonderful. I recommend seeing it. Definitely. <3

At 12 we got upgraded tickets from the airline which was rather nice, and after stopping in Alabama for dinner, we got to Florida. At the moment we're at the Hyatt, because when our flight was canceled, we called Disney and asked to move our reservations one night. They're very hospitable, so they said of course. So we'll be heading there in the morning. Exciting! Mom hasn't told us where we're staying yet, but fingers crossed it's either the Port Orleans, Coronado Springs, or Contemporary. Goodness knows it's not Grand Floridian, but hey, that's on my 'hopeful' list too! haha

So this is my "let's catch up" blog post.

Having a wonderful time! I'll let you guys know how my trip goes when I get time!

-Jazz (:

No comments:

Post a Comment