Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Today Today..Today...

Today is a rather nice day relatively speaking.

At this present moment I have a pot of peppermint tea (it's more like a thermal pitcher I suppose) sitting next to me and a new notebook to write my book in and Pride & Prejudice (the new one) on DVD (I don't care for the old one. ick.) On the movie "The Jane Austen Book Club" which I must admit I felt a suspicious connection to though didn't particularly care for, they say 'I hate Pride & Prejudice. It's like a parade of weddings.' I disagree. I think it's a wonderful book and the movie adaptation with Kiera Knightly is so perfectly cast in every sense. There's just something about the first meeting at the Meryton Ball that always elicits that bit of a smile.

I just dropped my pencil into the depths of the couch. Sigh.

I'm writing in pencil now. I'm past the first bits, which means now I'm writing the middle of the story. There's much to write, little stories to go between the introduction and the conclusion. And I'm writing them to be perfect, though goodness knows every book requires at least 3 drafts before ready to enter into a contest. I'm at a standstill however. I want to write from the beginning of the story now, to continue the introduction in the logical pattern, but at the same time one of the little stories requires much emotion. Emotion I can write at the moment. Emotion has been all too prevalent as of late, but I daresay is finally relenting a bit. However, I'm attempting to capture it before it's gone completely. So I'm unsure which to write at the moment.

I'm using large words, aren't I? I do that when I'm writing. Or when I'm watching or reading Jane Austen.
I'll make this a bit less poetic and old fashioned.
This kid is cute. Like, really really cute. Watch him. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment