Monday, July 12, 2010

Will I Ever Be Good Enough?

You don’t even know how hard I try. I change everything I can to be what you want. And for a few days I thought maybe I’d done it. Become what you were looking for. Things seemed better, you seemed happier. It was what I've always wanted. And then I guess I messed up. Because all of a sudden, I’m not good enough anymore. Everything I do you criticize or mock or disapprove of. Every once in a while, when there's nobody looking, you seem happy again. Like maybe I'm not such a disappointment. But then, it's like you remember all the things I've done wrong again. I tried to tell you, I tried so hard to. But I still don't think you understand. Not even a full day later, and we're back where we started. Me trying my hardest, and you far away and cold again. At this point I’m still trying. But there’s only so much I can change. Only so much bending I can do before I break. Tell me what to do, if you want me out of your life, it’s okay, I’ll do that. If you want me to back off, I will, promise. Just tell me what to do to be good enough again. Tell me what to do that you would approve of. That you wouldn’t push away. I’m so sick of being pushed away; one of these times I’ll take the hint and simply leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment