Monday, February 22, 2010

Counting raindrops

I wonder if anybody's ever tried that before.
I like the rain, but I like it during summer when it's warm outside.
When it's cloudy and cold it makes me feel sad. Unless there's someone to spend the rainy day with. Though goodness knows that's just daydreaming.

I fixed some broken bridges today. That went well. Then I took a nap and had happy dreams that I will proceed to write down eventually. I got a chance to talk to Katie and Ben, and that was fun. They're always there when I need them most.

But, I really miss my mom right now. I sorta lied to you earlier. She didn't go job-hunting and she won't be back tonight. She left with little to no word of where she was going or why and no sign of coming back anytime soon.

Honestly I've never felt so alone before today. To be unwanted by one parent's bad enough, but when both of them leave you..there's no way to really explain the emptiness. She's always been there. Always been all I've ever had. After so long of just the two of us, without her here the house feels empty. Hannibal won't move. He sat in front of the door all day just staring at it like she'll magically reappear through it the second he takes his eyes off it.

This post sounds hopeless. And maybe it is.
Right now I just want her to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment