Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I only got 3 hours of sleep last night.

Mom came home somewhere around 2. She felt so bad and apologized at least a hundred times. See, she's just like me - an ocean of emotions. We both keep it well-hidden from the world, and kept to our selves. It can get a bit...conflicting. I however, have you. I rant and ramble and get everything out on paper. Which is why you are notebook 27. She has nowhere to let it out, so every once in a while, it'll get to be too much and she'll breakdown. So I understand completely. I'm just glad she's home. <3 And she promised she won't ever leave me again. Anyway, we settled it all over a cup of tea and went back to bed.

But that's not the only reason. I was just getting to sleep before all that happened when Ben decided to text. We talked a bit, then I wasn't tired so I wrote for a while after he left. So I'd only gotten to sleep just about an hour before Mom got home.

And then after she had gotten to bed, I sat up for a while somewhere between being awake and drifting off. And then Ben had a dream about spiders and me and a living room window and goodness knows what else and decided to tell me all about it. We talked for about 40 minutes. He jumbled his words, I didn't make any sense, and this morning we don't really remember ever even having that conversation.

But that's why I got no sleep last night.
But I don't mind. I can't think of a better reason to stay up.
Besides there's something about night time. It's better than the day. There's something ethereal about it. Almost a magic that can enchant you to believe almost anything can happen.
In the light of day, sometimes things are revealed. Things that the veil of darkness and stars can hide.
Things that I'd rather forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment