Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Did we enjoy ourselves when we destroyed ourselves?

I had never heard the song "Rescue" before yesterday, because I'm guilty of doing that thing where you get a CD, listen to it once, pick 5 favorite songs and only ever listen to those. But I listened yesterday to the other songs on 'Hello Fascination' and found that "Rescue" is a really good song, and it's now been on repeat for a good hour.

Anyway today I had midterms in almost everything. Life Management I got done with last week, but today I had Chemistry, English, and History. Tomorrow I have Geometry. And Home Ec, well, Home Ec ends tonight.

I have to coordinate, prepare, and host my own dinner party. So I'm making a "Taste of Summer" (stop laughing at the lameness). Peach pepper tarts for the appetizer, paprika dipped corn on the cob, grilled marinated steaks, cheddar biscuits, and then a lemon meringue pie for dessert.

I tried to make the pie ahead of time, but it didn't go so well. I didn't put enough flour in it,so when I was rolling it, a little tear appeared and became a hole. I put cold water on it and repaired it. In the repair, another tear appeared and became a hole. At least 12 holes later, I finally brought the pie crust under submission and folded it neatly into it's little pan. Poked some air holes in the bottom, and was halfway around the sides when I spotted a little tear.

Anyway, after all that was done we were out of cornstarch, so Chris is getting that on his way home, and then we'll be set to make the pie. The rest is already cooking a little, so it should all go smoothly.

Wish me luck!~

No comments:

Post a Comment