Monday, February 22, 2010

There's no point in living, if you can't feel alive...

Today I'm having a James Bond marathon. "The World Is Not Enough" is my favorite Bond movie ever, just because I love the theme song. Beyond that, I confuse them all like crazy. I should have started school an hour ago. I have lots to do today. But I don't feel like doing it.
So I'm sitting here, drinking chai tea, eating some form of sugary Little Debbie cake (they're all the same once you get past the different icings), watching spy movies.
I'm fully aware of the fact I can't keep this much sugar down for more than 15 minutes or so.
I'm fully aware of the fact that I will have to do school every day until the end of July.
But for once, I want to do something I want to do without having to give a second thought to better judgment. I always tell myself that the past is the framework for today, and we should live without regrets, but right now I just want to forget it all and get lost in 1970s England.

Today there's freezing rain outside. Mom's out job-searching and she will be til late. So I have all day.

The other day I mentioned that there was a This Providence song for every situation. And, really, there is. Falling in love, feeling rejected, breaking promises, addictions, making new friends - every situation really. Today I put my zune on shuffle and came across a song that put it exactly how I would if I could.

Music's funny that way. They sing the words you couldn't find. If you want you can memorize them and then you can go say them to whoever they need said to. Just don't literally sing them. That will get you slapped. I know this from experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment