Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Rosalynne

Today I put red roses
On your frost-kissed grave.
I cried several tears
But tried to be so brave.
I wondered as I sat there - just who you could have been
My dearest, precious Rosalynne.

Life gave you a chance,
You took it and you tried.
But silver-crested waves
Pulled you to heaven's crystal tide.
And still I sometimes wonder just who you might have been
My dearest, smallest Rosalynne.

I remember when I saw you
And held you in my arms.
You looked so peaceful as you
Drifted far from earthly harms.
I thought about your future and all you could have been
My dearest, sweetest Rosalynne.

It's strange how you can miss someone
That you don't really know.
It's harder though to say goodbye
Without saying hello.
I know one day you'll tell me of all you would have been
My dearest sister Rosalynne.

No comments:

Post a Comment