Friday, March 5, 2010

What I've Learned

Lately I've been dealing with something.
Love.
I've been finding myself loving people for who I hope they are, who I wish they were, and who I think they could someday be. Not that it's bad to believe in someone's future, but you can't love someone for someone they're not. It just doesn't work that way. The two people I've dealt with the most with this are my parents.

I'm trying to learn to love my dad despite all the hurt he causes.
And I'm trying to learn to love my mom for who she is. I mean, I love her alot, but I just...somehow think someday she'll be better and become the perfect mother and maybe she will, but I can't count on just that.

You can't base your opinion of someone on something that's not there.
And that's one thing I've been struggling with for a while now. Thought I'd share it. Maybe one of you has been dealing with that or maybe it explains some things about how I talk to some of you because I do it on friend levels too.

I dunno.

No comments:

Post a Comment