Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Backstory

Because it all has to start somewhere.
I'm just an average, slightly gay, 15-year-old boy. I have a health disorder so I'm not allowed outside. So I make all my friends online. Don't judge - I prefer it to sitting alone for 18 boring years.

So, anyway, I met this girl about a year ago. Her name was Elise. She and I were friends. She had this friend named Benji, who she talked about all the time because she was trying to rekindle an old online friendship they had when they were 12 or whatever. One day she told him I liked her, because at one point I did. She mentioned my openness to attractions to the opposite gender.
Cue the drama.
He added me on Facebook. Day 1 was like heaven. He said I was gorgeous, we talked until his inbox limit filled up, then wall-posted and chatted past that. Talked about alot of things. He said he liked me, I said I liked him, etc. And so began the 4 month roller coaster known as Ben. One minute he "loves" me, the next he's bitching at me cause I talked to another guy, the next he's cold and distant. Whatever, get a new friend, right? Um, no, you don't just fall in love with all your friends. Sadly. And I'm most definitely in love with Ben.

Then there's the boyfriend. His name's Matt. Saw my picture online, hit on me, I thought he was nice, I also thought he was 14, so I added him on MSN. Turns out he's not...anyway, by the end of Day 1 with him, he'd asked me to be his boyfriend. Half to get Ben's attention since he seemed to be ignoring my every move, I said sure. Got emotionally involved etc., broke up the relationship a week later (last week). Unfortunately, Matt's not evil. If he were it would be so much easier to just ditch him and move on. But, no, he's too sweet and I'm too spineless. So we still talk. A bit. And I'm still his boyfriend. Sorta. He and Ben don't click though. Ben wants Matt dead because he's convinced he's a stalker, and Matt hates Ben because Ben does have a prior claim on my affections.

So there's the backstory.
tl;dr - I'm in love with Ben, who doesn't believe in online relationships and doesn't love me back, and Matt's in love with me, but I don't really like him in that sorta way, and in the middle of it all I'm pretty much constantly going through whatever the dude equivalent of PMS is.

Now to update daily with whatever I feel like ranting about. Fun, fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment