Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Years!

So it's not New Years here yet. It will be in an hour and a half.
Earlier I was just sitting around with my dad. Then we got an unsuspecting visit from Taylor and his boyfriend Chris. We made eggnog and it's freezing right now so we can have it later. After the initial shock my dad went through when Taylor showed up hand-in-hand with a guy halfway done up in drag, things have actually gone rather well. I suppose all those times I told him Taylor was asking me for uncomfortable favors, he didn't think I was serious. Apparently Chris has the same medical conditions as Taylor, so things work out alright.

Chris is super sweet. He's just like me. The quiet, shy, insecure half of their relationship. And I think he's honestly a very good person. Or at least that's the impression he left with me.

For now we're all sitting in the living room watching a movie. I don't know what it's called. But there was a scene with a straight guy being forced to do a strip show at a gay bar to earn money. When you see a scene like that and the words "oh this reminds me" come out of Taylor's mouth, you know you're in for it.

Well he invited me to go with him to 'The Tea Party'. A gay bar downtown. I thought he was joking for a minute, but he's completely serious. Apparently Chris is a backup dancer for a drag queen who is doing a Lady Gaga show tonight. So he wants me to go along. Says I might meet some cool people and wash away my problems with a few drinks. I'm scared, because I've never drunk anything alcoholic before. But Tay says he'll only have one drink so he can keep an eye on me and make sure I don't do things I'll regret. So I trust him. Sounds like a fun way to spend New Years if you ask me.

And I've come to the conclusion I have more than one New Year's Resolution. And it's to stop caring. Stop taking life so seriously, stop caring so much. Stop trying so hard. And to live life without worries. Without concern. To be happy.

This year, I want you to live. Really live.

Happy 2010, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment