Thursday, December 17, 2009

Music Mends Broken Hearts

Skillet. They make me smileeee. They have this one song called Should've When You Could've (listen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pINBSHZg2BU) and it's about a breakup. The chorus confuses the crap out of me because they're like "you should it would've been so good you should've when you could've" and I get all tongue-tied, but I do like it. I have ever since I got the CD.

But now that I've been through an actual breakup, all these breakup songs seem to go from black and white to color. So I'm obsessed with this song right now. And Here We Go Again (the whole CD) and Forget And Not Slow Down (which I always liked, but never fully understood) and I added them to the list of songs I play as loud as they'll go and think along with the words.

Also speaking of music to do that with, "Who Speaks For Planet Earth" by And Then There Were None is pretty much amazing music if you're depressed. Catchy techno hooks layered over guitar riffs, and the lyrics are all cryptic words, most of them dealing with hopelessness. I love them so much right now. That and "Gravedigging" by The Classic Crime. Great music when you're feeling depressed.

And just music to blare to block out the world would be "Abracadavers" by The Classic Crime and "Drive There Now!" by The Almost.

All these songs are on their own playlist on my ipod now and I keep repeating them as loud as they'll go.

Because sometimes music keeps my heart beating. Literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment